Please read the following policy points carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
- What personally identifiable information does SPANA collect from me?
- How does SPANA use my information?
- Who is collecting my information?
- With whom does SPANA share my information?
- What are my choices regarding collection, use and distribution of my information?
- SPANA will not sell or rent your details to anyone.
- What is SPANA's policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
- What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
SPANA.org does not save any personal data collected through cookies.
We do store information on your donation process, your name, where you may of heard about SPANA, please see below for more.
SPANA uses the information we collect about you to process your donation or order, to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
When you are on the SPANA website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with SPANA unless stated otherwise.
As a general rule, SPANA will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any third party except when we have your permission, for the purposes of processing your donation or order, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online donation area you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place. For example, when you are donating online, you are going through to a partner company, JustGiving. It is clear on the donation page when you are entering the JustGiving site.
We value your support and would like to keep you informed about our international animal welfare work and fundraising activities either electronically, by post or via the telephone. If you do not wish to be contacted by SPANA, please contact us at 14 John Street, London WC1N 2EB, Tel: 0207 831 3999, Fax: 0207 831 5999, Email: email@example.com.
7. What is SPANA's policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to SPANA. If you change your email address or if any of the other information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please contact us at 14 John Street, London WC1N 2EB, Tel: 0207 831 3999, Fax: 0207 831 5999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give SPANA personal information, it may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, SPANA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
This document was last updated July 2009.